Euromedica General Clinic of the Dodecanese has a fully equipped Intensive Care Unit for Newborns (Level 1), and can offer all necessary aid to newborn infants. Our ICUN treats all healthy newborns for the first hours of their lives as well as premature infants which need to adjust to their environment (without technical support).
Our Newborn Clinic is fully equipped with state of the art machinery with our medical and nursing staff applying the most up to date scientific methods for the best possible results.
Strict health and safety standards are met at all times and adhered to under all circumstances, based on the international ISO 9001:2008, certified by TÜV Rheinland Hellas.
The Newborn Clinic’s staff:
- Monitors the infant’s vital signs on a 24h basis.
- Specializes in care and nursing premature babies with a very low weight.
- Take care of storing milk supplies according to all safety and quality standards.
- Train mothers on breastfeeding.
- Are constantly being trained on premature infant care.
Having a baby admitted to the ICUN can undoubtedly cause many parents to feel stressed and sad. While you may be separated from your baby for either a short or a long period of time, take comfort in knowing that you will still be able to build a bond with your baby. Rest assured that scientific advances in this field are helping more babies become healthy, to recover and to go home sooner.